Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Goode Books Free Kindle Days are Over, Results Here


Free Ebooks for Kindle from Me with update on progress

I decided to update what has been happening with this experiment with a few details. 

After 24 hours free on the Amazon site

Duffy Barkley  was uploaded 2 times in the UK and 55 in the USA                           Oregon Trail had  2 in Canada and 4 in Uk and 89 in US


after 48 hours
Duffy had 135 in US and 5 in Uk and 3 in Germany plus 1 in Japan and 3 in Canada                Oregon Trail had 210 in USA and 5 in UK with 1 in Germany plus 1 in Japan and 2 in Canada

but then something happened
I don't know what,
 but I suspect a better read blog
or a kindle freebie facebook page
talked about The Double Time on the Oregon Trail Book
so

after 36 hours the Oregon Trail book took off

Duffy Barkley is Not a Dog still did OK. It showed up with 158 in USA and 6 in UK and 3 in Germany, 1 in France, 2 in Japan and 5 in Canada 
    
Double Time On The Oregon Trail uploaded  a surprising (to me)  565 in USA and 7 in UK, 1 in Germany, 2 in Japan and 5 in Canada


And after the end of the 5 days, I had the fun of realizing that in 5 days exactly 1000 copies of my kindle books, or my paperbacks had been ordered and would be getting out into the world to serve as eager ambassadors to tell my stories and maybe encourage a few more people to try kindness and tolerance instead of anger as a first response to those who seem to be different.

And during that fun, even though it gets me no $$$, event I learned that an action from months ago had payed off
I had given a copy of the Oregon Trail novel to a fifth grade teacher
after his wife told me that he teaches a unit on the Oregon Trail.
That was not long before he told me that he had passed it on to the director of the County's Unified School District Curriculum
now, 4 months later
I found out that the district has approved and ordered 38 copies of my novel
to teach as a class set, and to base in the district IMC

and Someone in the UK has bought the Sequel to Duffy Barkley is Not a Dog, now as well

So, Ok
I only get a couple bucks a copy there too, but 
I'm an internationally read author :)
with a book being used as a textbook in a California School District.

It doesn't pay the rent but it keeps me smiling.



Older post below tell you more about the books

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! So yesterday I was substitute teaching in a 5th grade class and before school I gave the regular teacher a copy and told him the IMC would have it. He scratched out the social studies lesson that he was leaving for me and wrote "Oregon Trail" and gave me 45 minutes to talk about my book and writing, at the end all the kids wanted my autograph and the coolest part were the 3 students shyly lingering after school to share their own dreams of writing and illustrating.

    ReplyDelete